October 20, 2021
Safety is paramount in these unsettling times, and we want to offer our audience, writers, volunteers and staff peace of mind. We have a number of policies in place because we care about our community, and that means looking after our most vulnerable and all doing our bit.
You’ll find our full COVID protocols here, but there are a few basic principles we’ll be adhering to:
To attend our events, we expect our audience to support our commitment to our community by:
- Staying home if you are feeling unwell
- Wearing a mask at all times indoors
- Scanning/signing in at every event
- Having at least the first vaccination shot before attending. For information on where you can get vaccinated, go here. If you are unable to be vaccinated, you are welcome to attend our events virtually – live-streaming tickets will be released before the festival.
- Practising social distancing and staying in your bubble at all times. The festival is always a great time to catch up with buddies but please be aware of the people around you.
We want the festival to go ahead, and we would like other events in Canterbury such as the Ōtautahi Tiny Fest to go ahead as well, so we are doing our bit to keep COVID at bay and we know you’ll get on board the mission to keep everyone safe.