WORD is all about bringing communities together through a love of words in all their forms. By engaging with WORD either online or in person, you’re a part of the WORD Christchurch community. Welcome!
We develop and present events, programmes and projects about books, storytelling and ideas that excite, inform, entertain and inspire.
Leadership By consistently evolving our model and programmes in line with social, cultural and technological trends and opportunities – and connecting with others doing the same – we play a leadership role in Christchurch.
Boldness To us, being entrepreneurial means being smart, energetic and resourceful, frequently testing new ideas and taking measured risk to develop new possibilities for writers, audiences and supporters.
Manaakitaka We serve our communities with respect and care, and provide exemplary hospitality to our writers, speakers and audiences. We look after our staff. We think long-term, building and maintaining relationships, ensuring that those who engage with us always want to return.
Collaboration We collaborate with each other. We work with organisations in Christchurch and beyond to maintain a collaborative spirit of presentation, sharing resources and ideas in order to ensure the arts are heard and continue to be valued.
Whanaukataka We are an inclusive organisation. We strive to include voices that are representative of our city to ensure that people from all walks of life feel welcome as participants and as audience members.
To uphold our values, it’s important that all members feel safe and supported. To help everyone have the best possible experience, please take a look at our community guidelines:
- People from all walks of life should feel welcome at WORD, both online and in person
- Treat others as you would treat them in real life
- Be polite and communicate with respect
- Respect the privacy of other community members
- Contact us directly with feedback at email@example.com
- Don’t post explicit, rude or aggressive content online
- No discrimination or harassment: heckling, personal attacks, trolling and abuse will not be tolerated
- Don’t share personal or private information of other people
- Don’t post irrelevant messages online
- Don’t post promotional content that isn’t related to what WORD is about.
In the event of someone violating these guidelines, we will take action to protect other members of the group. This might include a warning or in the event of extreme or repeat behavior, the member may be banned from the community.
If you experience or witness any behavior that doesn’t follow our community guidelines, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. All reports are kept confidential.